Smart Data Strategies’ (SDS) is a woman owned business focused on helping governments better serve the public by providing a variety of GIS products and services focused on land records management. SDS provides web-based products and software-as-a-service (SAAS) options for local, state and transportation agencies managing parcels, right-of way information, and outdoor advertising.
Additional services include: data conversion, GIS/CAMA integration, parcel maintenance, GIS web hosting, GIS consulting, asset inventory, real property audits, and sketch validation.
Smart Data Strategies is recognized as an industry leader, illustrated in part by the following accomplishments:
- In February of 2014, Smart Data Strategies was awarded the MAPPS Geospatial Products and Services Excellence Awards for its entry “Cameron Parish Louisiana Parcel Mapping and Digital Data”
- In October of 2010, the US Department of Housing and Urban Development contracted with SDS and its partners to collect digital property data for 127 counties in order to monitor the effectiveness of funds related to the Neighborhood Stabilization Program. This is the first time a federal agency has issued such a contract.
- In August of 2009, The Mississippi State Department of Transportation was awarded the Innovation Award by the National Alliance of Highway Beautification Agencies (NAHBA) for its implementation of DREAMaps™ for Outdoor Advertising Management System.
- In October 2008 Smart Data Strategies completed its second major parcel conversion project in Maricopa County (1.5 million parcels). The project has gained national acclaim for its innovative methodologies and has received multiple industry awards.
- In July 2007, Smart Data Strategies successfully completed the construction of a statewide digital parcel base map encompassing every county in the State of Tennessee. The Tennessee Base Mapping Program was the single largest statewide parcel conversion project of its kind.
- In July 2005, Smart Data Strategies was awarded the “Declaration of Innovation” award from the US Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (DOL-ETA), for its partnership with IGISS.