Smart Data Strategies has converted more than 15 million parcels in 34 states throughout the U.S.
Real Property Audit Services
A Real Property Audit is a multi-level process performed to ascertain the validity and reliability of tax parcel information by identifying the differences between a jurisdictions’ graphical GIS data and the non-graphical tax assessment data. SDS Real Property Audit Services include Sketch Validation to verify what's on the ground matches what's in the CAMA, Topology Error Report, and Orphan Records Report. Early adopters of this type of auditing service have realized a 900% - 1500% ROI thanks to the following benefits:
- Discovery of missing tax revenue
- Fewer appeals due to better data
- Substantial reductions in field work for review
- Ensures fair and equitable taxation
- GIS & CAMA database tightly coupled to eliminate future discrepancies
Smart Data Strategies DREAMapsä suite of land records management and integration tools utilize the latest technologies provided by ESRI, Oracle, and MS SQL Server. DREAMapsä simplifies data integration and transformation between databases, file systems, and legacy systems. Some salient features of our integration technology are outlined below:
- Smart Data Strategies provides GIS-centric database integration with applications such as CAMA, oblique photography, document management, video logging, and tax systems.
- The DREAMapsä platform is a component-based application suite with the ability to integrate multiple databases, flat files, email, FTP, web server, and web services.
- The configuration and wizard driven approach allows the flexibility to expand integration easily.
- The ability to use a repository for storing the metadata about the transactions and to keep an audit trail of transactions that have been triggered and completed.
- The multi-level user-definable security model allows only authorized personnel to read and make configuration changes to the integration system.
- DREAMapsä integration uses a store/forward mechanism to ensure that transactions are never lost. Inbound and outbound transactions are tracked in a relational database repository. The web-based DREAMapsä suite posts the transaction to the web server that posts the transaction in the target system database.
Smart Data Strategies has successfully delivered digital datasets, cadastral data management systems, and other cadastral/GIS projects for more than 220 organizations and several private-sector companies. We are experienced in using well-established methods such as deed research, COGO, and best-fit construction approaches as the foundation of advanced GIS and programming techniques needed to fulfill the objectives and goals of land data projects.
Implementing geodatabase technologies will allow your organization to capitalize on the benefits of database-driven GIS. Smart Data Strategies has successfully completed geodatabase migrations for dozens of counties, amounting to well over a million parcels per year. The migration of proprietary files to more open database standards allows users to efficiently store, maintain, analyze, and publish their GIS data.
Needs Assessment Analysis
Smart Data Strategies has performed several needs assessment analysis for county governments. The needs assessment report lists the organizational uses of a proposed geodatabase. Opportunities to efficiently coordinate the collection, storage, access, use, maintenance, analysis, reporting, and distribution of county data, maps, engineering drawings, plans, and schedules are included. A needs assessment analysis will help the county and Smart Data Strategies develop a geodatabase implementation plan that prevents “scope creep” and associated back-end costs.
Geodatabase models establish rules that can automate behaviors that underlie the digital map maintenance process. Smart Data Strategies employs an iterative prototyping method for geodatabase design that passes working copies of a geodatabase between Smart Data Strategies and the client to facilitate design alternative discussions. Smart Data Strategies co-authored the ESRI land parcel data model and has advanced the model for several counties.
GIS Hosting and Data Distribution
eMapsPlus.com is a GIS data hosting service that provides 24/7 access to maps and property data via the Internet. eMapsPlus.com serves as a Geoportal for over 70 counties across the US, allowing users to navigate the map, identify parcels, perform various search functions, generate reports, and create mail labels. Smart Data Strategies manages all of the data subscriptions and purchases via a robust ecommerce and site administration engine. Currently, www.eMapsPlus.com receives over 1 million hits per week.
Smart Data Strategies offers GIS training to meet the needs of a diverse set of clients. We offer self-paced online training, classroom training in Franklin, TN, and on-site custom training. Our online training program is the result of a partnership between SDS and the Institute for Advanced Education in Geospatial Sciences (IAEGS) at the University of Mississippi. The IAEGS created the NASA funded Knowledge Delivery Engine™ that supplies the technology necessary to create and deliver online geospatial courses. Users can access the Smart Data Strategies online DREAMaps™ training program for up to 3 months.
Parcel Maintenance: Web-enabled Mapping and Analysis Program (WeMAP)
Smart Data Strategies offers WeMAP as an outsource option for organizations to maintain maps at a fraction of the cost. You get all the benefits of GIS while guaranteeing the data remains current. Included with WeMAP are weekly updates, DREAMaps Doc, DREAMaps Analyst, and data hosting via eMapsPlus.com.